This is a page documenting all found Easter Eggs in The Stanley Parable.
- If you type
facepunchduring gameplay all world textures will have the Facepunch logo superimposed on top of them.
- If you type
sv_cheats 1into the console while playing the demo, the console outputs "Why????". In The Stanley Parable, something different happens.
Demo Easter Eggs & SecretsEdit
- There is a secret passage behind the two booths in the Emotion Booth demonstration room, where you can find a third one.
- In the storage room where you play the 'place the cup in the garbage bin' game, you can instead place the cup in one of the rafters above you, to which the Narrator responds accordingly.
- Alternatively, if you get the cup stuck in some other way, he will say something different.
- When the Narrator is reminiscing, if you run to the wall room you can actually go through the wall like he promised earlier in the game.
- You can walk to the boxes next to the Buttons & Choice room to learn more about boxes.
- There is a small crevice to the left of the compliment room, near the stairs and above the ramp of the isolation chamber where the Narrator comments on the contents of this area.
- If you go back into the Buttons & Choice room, the Narrator once again calls you a pervert.
- The big red button you were supposed to press if you didn't want to continue later appears in the hallway after you leave the storage room where you play 'place the cup in the garbage bin'.
- You can see an image of Octodad on the roof before you walk into the room with the isolation chamber later in the demo.
- The title placard behind the TV screens reads 'THE STANLEY PARABLE DEMONSTATION'. The typo is not intentional, but was also intentionally left uncorrected.
The Stanley Parable HD Easter Eggs & SecretsEdit
- In the main menu, a phone ringing and noises in the background as if there are employees working in the office outside Stanley's room can be heard.
- The Meeting Room has many different slides on the projector, some of them being:
- Tips for Not Getting Fired: Talk less. Do unbelievably amazing work all the time every day with no expectation of promotion or recognition. Don't get fired.
- Using slides to assure employees that everything is okay. Make sure your slide has a slick blue graphic in the header, and throw some bevel on all the text. This will assure a calm and productive work environment.
- The whiteboard inside the room also has many notes on it. The entirety of the board is:
- THE FUTURE WAS YESTERDAY TOMORROW IS NOW
- Complete today's unfinished agenda items
- Write next day's agenda
- √-Push for funding for R+D new of new coffee machine. √
-Standardize graphs 40x wide.<--Not cost EFFICIENT $$$
- -GET CHRIS OUT OF THE BROOM CLOSET.
- √-Hire someone to synergise papers.
- √-Papers are too synergised fire paper guy.
- √-Hire somebody to fire the paper synergising guy.
- !?- WHO MOVED MY DESK???
- Please keep targets on the topic of (Blurred)
EMPLOYEE -417 -405 -491 -416
- In the room after the Mind Control Monitor room, filled with buttons, and the location for the Explosion Ending, the icons on the small glowing buttons are references to several things:
- Super Hexagon
- Telltale Games (serifed 'G')
- The dahou.se gaming community
- The Binding of Isaac (Brimstone power up icon)
- Additionally, there is one of these buttons with a generic Power symbol, and it is believed to not reference to any game.
- There is a chance a phone will ring outside Stanley's office, with three possible calls:
- Stanley's Wife calls him to say she is bringing home some groceries.
- The Future Happiness Foundation calls to confirm your order of 1327 boxes. If accepted, the office will be full of cardboard boxes the next time the game resets.
- A recorded message is left for you or someone else in the office to warn you of the dangers of recorded messages.
- There is a chance you will catch a glimpse of one of your co-workers (actually Stanley himself) behind room 425.
- The Boss' Office Keypad, If you enter 1947 on the keypad, the Narrator will say that you entered the right password, but nothing will happen if you input it right away. Entering 1947 again opens the passageway.
- This is a reference to the original Half-Life 2 Stanley Parable.
- Wait for the Narrator to end narration, then type in the keypad: 8888. It will fail, then type 8888 again. This will unlock the passageway, the 8888888888888888 achievement and a voice will say Eight. The voice originates from The Stanley Parable Demo's Eight Game.
- At some circumstances, the Narrator will automatically opens the passageway without waiting for you to input the code. Additionally, he will also opens the passageway if you're standing idle in the Boss' Office.
- After several playthroughs, the door to the Executive Bathroom and the doors to the Elevator Room get unlocked.
- The text on the wall of the executive bathroom changes every playthrough.
- The Elevator Room contains an elevator that does not lead anywhere.
- In the Monitor Room, there is an employee screen titled "Employee Pirate".
- Above the screen of Employee 001 is another screen with no number, but instead has a picture of Clippy, the office assistant, on it.
- Console Commands
- Main article: Console Commands
- If you input 'imabird' in the console, the player will float above the ground like in the Mariella Ending.
- If you input 'bark' in the console, the USE function makes barking noises.
- When you bark on the cat picture on one of the boss's shelves in the Boss' Office, it won't work.
- If you input 'raphael' in the console, all the Narrator dialogue will be replaced with him saying "Stanley" and with every dialogue "Sssstannnleeeyyyy!!!" will be outputted to console.
- If you stay in the Mind Control Facility long enough, the gates that take you back open and allow access to the light button, which will trigger a Secret Disco Party.
- In the freedom ending, you can maneuver your self from the blue chair, onto the desk, and by using the light button to get higher you can actually get over the fencing and fall down onto the floor below, similar to the out of the window ending. From what I have seen, there is nothing down there and you have to restart. When you restart for the first time, there will be scattered papers on the floor, but the game will play normally as before. If you fall again and have to restart, there will be a straight hallway that will take you to the first two doors (instead of the hallway having several turns as normal) and the game will play as normal. If you continue to fall and restart it will cycle through being normal, and having a straight hallway. Please edit this to make it better, and try and see if there is anything more to this. If you don't believe me, then you can try it for yourself and see if it works.
- While passing Room 417, if you close both doors around you the Narrator starts commenting on it.
- After taking the left door, interact a few times with the first painting you see. The texture will change to the photo of one of the developers and title: Employee of the Year.
- All clocks in the game run clockwise, except for clocks you see through windows. They run counterclockwise.
- When you finish the Confusion Ending and take the door to the right you will come across a window where you will find The Stanley Parable Adventure Line.
- If you follow the path that leads to mentioned ending, follow the zigzag of the Adventure Line and eventually the Narrator will play some music. Keep following the path until you enter a room with a swinging ceiling lamp and boxes. Go further until you find a door labeled '02B'. In the corner you will see Dallas's Mask from the Payday series.
- If you follow The Stanley Parable Adventure Line after the music starts, when you reach the company files there will be a path that will lead to the employee 432 Peer Reviews. There are a lot of strange things about employee 432, you can find some here
- If you go down the staircase where you have to go to the boss's office, you can find a note from the game Gone Home under the bottom of the stairway.
- Sometimes after starting the game, the office area you enter right after leaving Stanley's office will have changed from its old layout to either a square blue area or a hallway. When the layout has changed into the hallway, go to the pile of boxes and papers that are directly outside office 426. One of the papers on the ground will have code on it. When deciphered, the code reads "codes that are secret are the best".
- At some times when Stanley first leaves his office, the Narrator will comment "someone is chasing Stanley, he could feel it".
- Sometimes the office area's floor will be filled with papers.
- Sometimes the office area will have an extra blue hallway.
- Sometimes the very first hallway will bend left instead of right.
- Typing "_u" into the console gives the error message "Hey don't you even try". It's related to the Unachievable achievement.
- In the demo games files under bin there is a file labeled README. It opens up saying "hi timmy!"
- For extra information on this, see this website for more information.
- Whiteboard Ending
- There is a chance that the office outside Stanley's door will change and behind door 426 is a whiteboard with the text "welcome to the Whiteboard Ending".
- Office/Story changes
- There is also a chance that everything will change, the narrator will skip over a number of parts.
Hammer Secret (Requires Portal 2 and according Authoring Tools to find!) - Turret Cube
- Navigate to The Stanley Parables game directory
- Copy the materials folder to the Portal 2 directory
- Load up Portal 2 Authoring Tools
- Go to the Textures Tab, and search the keywords, it will say "Stop looking through the game files, you nerd!"
bind "t" "ent_teleport player" », allows you to teleport yourself to the nearest obstacle in front of you. If used in the Freedom Ending, you'll be able to get in the open air without triggering the final cutscene, thus being truly free to visit the area.
Doing so, you'll soon notice there is a skull by the little barn on the left hand side.
Could it be Franz's?
Or Employee 432's?