Employee 432 was one of Stanley's co-workers in the building, but at some point prior to Stanley's "awaken", he was fired. A lot of easter eggs referring to him are shown in The Stanley Parable. It seems that he might be experiencing the same thing Stanley is going through.
His name may be Chris, but this is unconfirmable.
Employee 432 Easter Eggs
- The employee with no text at the Mind Control Facility shows the employee 432 desk.
- On your way to the phone room, you will see a box full of pencil sharpeners that has the number 432 on it. When you unplug the phone and come back, the box is gone.
- Employee 432 doesn't have a computer on his desk, only writing tools.
- In the Confusion Ending, a paper can be seen with the "Daily Performance Review" of employee 432.
- In the same ending, by following the line all the time, there will be a corridor called "Employee 432 Peer Reviews" in the company archives.
- In the Escape Pod ending, all the windows are facing the Employee 432's desk.
- In the Heaven Ending there is a total of 432 buttons.
- In the Mind Control Facility, you can see a paper called "Employee Observation Protocol", showing the following text:
1A. If an employee begins exhibiting unscheduled emotions immediately contact supervisor.
1B. Please note that employee 432 is a test case - procedure 1a need not apply.
2A. If an employee attempts to leave the office via any non-scheduled means
(E.G. window, vehicle, unsafe door) set employee status to default and then back to their previous mode. If attempts to leave persist contact supervisor.
2B. If (despite adherence to protocol 2A) an employee somehow manages to leave the office during 'work hours' you must initiate lockdown procedure for that section immediately and without delay. This will create a temporary loop in system architecture that must then be closed by your immediate superior.
There are more papers showing more employee supervision protocols on The Mind Control Facility.
- Employee 432's monitor screen shows a box of pencil sharpeners that isn't normally there.
- There is a paper in the Mind Control Facility that says "432 asked 431 for a pencil, 431, as usual, did not respond.
- In the meeting room, there is a whiteboard that says "what to do with 432?"
- 432 has a lot of pencil sharpeners, but there are only 3 pencils in the game.
- There is a drawing of 432's desk and a pencil sharpener on it somewhere in the office.
- At the Monitor Room, some screens have written on it "Employee Fired". One of them points out to desk 432, thereby putting an end to Employee 432's fate regarding his participation in the building.