|Talks||In the Museum Ending|
|Appears in||Not physically but talks at Museum Ending.|
|Objective||Show Stanley the Museum Ending.|
|“||Farewell Stanley, cried the Narrator, as Stanley was led hopelessly into the enormous metal jaws.||”|
The Female Narrator appears in only one ending; the Museum Ending.
The Female Narrator begins her (only) appearance when Stanley is about to be crushed by a set of metal jaws machine activated by The Narrator, right after Stanley falls into a moving cart line at the end of the "escape" hall next to the Mind Control Facility.
The Female Narrator stops the metal jaws, jeering at how the male Narrator tells the entire story, saying that "it's just a few minutes before Stanley would restart the game, back to his office, as alive as ever".
The Stanley Parable MuseumEdit
As the player enters the Museum, the Female Narrator explains that the game's story was already written long in advance, and so Stanley's death becomes meaningless, making Stanley's life the same. The Female Narrator once again mocks the male Narrator by saying "Stanley was already dead from the moment he hit start".
As the player reaches the back part of the Museum where an on/off switch is, the Female Narrator giggles and says: "Oh, look at these two. How they wish to destroy one another. How they wish to control one another. How they both wish to be free.". After the player flicks the switch and the whole world turns pitch black, the Female Narrator then says: "Can you see? Can you see how much they need one another? No, perhaps not. Sometimes these things cannot be seen."
The Metal JawsEdit
The Female Narrator, now with much desperation in her voice as Stanley inches closer and closer to death, quickly breaks the fourth wall "But listen to me, you can still save these two. You can stop the program before they both fail. Press 'escape', and press 'quit'. There is no other way to beat this game. As long as you move forward, you'll be walking someone else's path. Stop now, and it will be your only true choice. Whatever you do, choose it! Don't let time choose for you! Don't let time-" and then Stanley gets crushed and dies, with complete blackness. There, one has to literally restart the whole game, back at the office, playing as Stanley, as alive as ever.
The Stanley Parable Original ModEdit
The Female Narrator was also present at the original mod, though her voice was higher than her voice in the HD Remix. Like her counterpart, the Female Narrator also displayed her contempt towards the Narrator in her quote "It's a shame, then. That for all his work, it was such a meaningless victory to the narrator. Did he really think he would accomplish anything by murdering this disposable vessel?"
- One possible explanation regarding her negative comments on the Narrator might imply that the Female Narrator is, perhaps, another side of The Narrator, who seems displeased by the current existing storyline, which had Stanley always reappearing in his office, either after being killed or set free.
- Due to her first line ("Farewell Stanley, cried The Narrator, as Stanley was led hopelessly into the enormous metal jaws."), it's possible that she's the Narrator's narrator.
- When she says "Oh, look at these two. How they wish to destroy one another. How they wish to control one another. How they both wish to be free." and "Can you see ? Can you see how much they need one another ?", it's possible that she's talking about Stanley and the Narrator. The Narrator, because he is the creator of the story, wants Stanley to follow his orders, thus controlling him ; Stanley, because he is the hero/player, wants to control the Narrator ; also, as stated by the storyteller at the end of the Games Ending, Stanley needs the Narrator to go on.
- The voice actor for the Female Narrator, Lesley Staples, is only credited in the game's Museum, and in the game's credits.
- The Female Narrator is voiced by Kim Hoffmeister in the HL2 mod.
The Narrator • Stanley • The Essence of Divine Art • The Stanley Parable Adventure Line™ • Female Narrator • Mariella • Stanley's Wife • Employee 432 • The Boss • Employee 028/528 • Employee 429 • Steven • Player • Employee 038 • Employee 234