|Can't you see how much they need each other?|
|Accessible via:||Taking the door labeled "Escape" prior to the Mind Control Facility.|
|Leads to:||Dead end|
|Place of ending(s):||Museum Ending|
|Points of Divergence||0|
The Museum is a place where various parts of The Stanley Parable, both in-game and cut content, are chronicled. The evolution of the game is seen in various rooms of the Museum, cast in an all-white glow with white floors, walls and ceilings. The only colored pieces are the actual museum objects.
The Museum is available from doing all the right choices and entering the left corridor labeled "escape" right before the Mind Control Facility entrance.
Several screenshots from the early game development are shown in the museum, these screenshots include:
- Stanley's office went through three alterations, from November 2011, to February 2012, and then March 2012 (the final design that's present in the HD Remix).
- The Cargo Lift room was modified three times. The first version of the room was removed because the developers wanted to give players a suicidal option by jumping off the lift. The second version was also removed because the developer team decided to create a room where cargo lifts are supposed to be placed (the Warehouse).
- The Zending was actually an ending, where Stanley must pull three colored levers as instructed by the Narrator. However, the developers removed this ending shortly before the game's launch and merged it with the Starry Dome ending. The Zending went through 4 iterations.
- The Employee Lounge was featured with only two sofas and a coffee table early in the development.
- The Maintenance Room also underwent four iterations. However, the first one, which was the simplest design, is used in the final version.
- An earlier version of the Freedom Ending featured the green field outside the Mind Control Facility as a mere pasture without any paths or buildings around it.
- Sometime during the development, the team proposed a "Warzone Ending", where Stanley would wage war against the Narrator and his army of aliens. The team realized, however, that the ending would be considered as "making fun" of FPS (first-person-shooter) players, which was not their intention.
- The Phone Ending originally required Stanley to pick up the phone in less than 15 seconds. If Stanley did not do so, he'd walk down the path to the Not Stanley Ending.
- There is a room in the Museum which features some of the Narrator's narration outtakes.
- The lift in the Mind Control Facility was planned to have two buttons, one leading to the Freedom Ending while the other one leading to the Countdown/Explosion Ending.
- In the credits list, there are three additional voiceworks. They are Lesley Staples, Aviva Pinchas, and Jenny Kuglin. Lesley Staples is the voice of the female narrator, Aviva Pinchas is the voice of Stanley's wife and the woman from the Future Happiness Foundation, and Jenny Kuglin is the voice of the receptionist in the demo.
This room is where the Museum Ending occurs.